Central Superior Service Examination (CSS) The Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) Islamabad conducts the CSS Exam for the recruitment of candidates to the following federal government posts (BS-17).
- Trade and Commercial Services
- Excise and Customs Enforcement
- Management of the districts
- Pakistan’s Foreign Service
- The Taxpayer’s Bureau
- Information Group
- Groups of Military Estates and Cantonments
- The Office Managers’ Committee
- Pakistan’s Audit and Accounts Service (PASAS)
- Pakistan’s police force
- Postal Services, Inc.
- Commuter and Transportation Railways Group
CSS Exam Sections
The CSS Exam is divided into four sections:
- A written test
- Medical Tests
- Inquiry into the mind
- Viva Voce
How to Apply for CSS Registration
Every year, the CSS exam registrations open in early October, as they always have. If you’re on the fence about applying, don’t waste any time! So, you don’t have to dig through FPSC documentation, this blog will take you step-by-step through the full application procedure.
Criteria for the CSS Exam
To begin with, you must determine whether or not you are eligible to take the CSS examinations in the first place. For your convenience, we’ve compiled a list of all the requirements into an easy checklist.
In order to be eligible to take the CSS exam, you must meet the following requirements:
1. CSS Age Limits
a- Restrictions on the general age of entry
As of the 31st of December, before your exam, you must be between the ages of 21 and 30 years old (inclusive).
If you are over the age of 30 or under the age of 21 by even a single day, you are ineligible to apply.
For example, if you were born before December 31, 1991, you are ineligible to take the CSS Examinations in 2023.
You were born between January 2, 2021, and the present time.
b-CSS Age Discrepancy
Members of certain demographic groupings, however, are allowed to apply until the age of 32, as calculated above. To see if the age relaxation clause applies to you, take a look at the diagram below. You can apply if you fit into one of the following groups and are between the ages of 30 and 32.
Not all tribe members are eligible for the age-relaxation clause if they live in one of the following locations (proof of residence is required):
D.I. Khan and Peshawar Divisions’ Baloch Area; D.G. Khan and Rajanpur Districts’ Former Tribal Areas; Upper Tanawal Area of Hazara Division; Former Tribal Areas of Mardan and Hazara Divisions. Balochistan.
2. How Much of a Degree is Required for CSS?
The degree requirements have been summarized for you in the form of a chart below. Any questions you may have that aren’t answered here can be directed to either our free counseling service or to our CSS online exam preparation.
Remember to verify the HEC List of Accredited Institutions if you have any doubts about the accreditation of your college. Consult the HEC’s Fake University List if you can’t find it there. Do consider transferring to a different college or university if you find yourself in the latter category.
3. National Identity
Nationality from Pakistan or Jammu and Kashmir is necessary. In order to be eligible, you must acquire prior approval from the federal government before getting married to a foreign national.
According to your place of residence, you’ll get seats in occupational groups and services. However, the federal government has the power to alter this policy.
At the time of registration, you will be needed to produce attested copies of your residence.
A permanent residency certificate and application forms certified by a Deputy Secretary or higher are also necessary for candidates from Azad Jammu and Kashmir in addition to their domicile.
Once submitted, the documents cannot be altered for this or any future examinations.
Further Criteria for CSS Exam Ineligibility
In order to be qualified to apply, you must have taken the CSS examination at least three times before.
*Keep in mind that you can only receive credit for an attempt if you showed up for the test and turned in a completed answer book or sheet. It’s not an attempt if you just register.
You will not be allowed entry to the testing center unless you have your original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) and CSS admission form on hand.
You will not be allowed entry to the testing center if you arrive after the time specified on your CSS admission form.
A thorough review of your application will be conducted following your exam, and you will be dismissed if you are admitted despite the fact that you are not eligible in any way. As a result, please ensure that you meet all of the above requirements!
Registration for the FPSC CSS Exam
In order to apply for the CSS exam, one must first identify whether or not he or she is eligible. We’ll walk you through the entire process of applying for CSS online and then submit the FPSC’s required paperwork by mail.
1. The timeline
In order to better prepare for the CSS exam, let’s have a look at the approximate timetable, which is provided below:
- Component Date
The first week of October is when registration for the 2019 season officially begins.
- The Deadline for Enrollment
October’s final days
- Taking the Test
- Test Result
In between the months of September and October
- Psychological and medical examinations are included in this procedure.
To April of next year.
between May and June
2. Pakistan’s CSS Exam Dates and Venues
9 consecutive days are required to complete the CSS exam each year, which is held in mid-February (including weekends).
It takes three hours for each individual test to be completed, which is often scheduled between the hours of 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and 2:20 pm to 5:20 pm on weekdays.
The locations include exam halls and public schools in large cities, as well as approved testing centers. the location of your class will be noted in the confirmation letter you get from the school.)
The cities listed in the table below are the most common locations for CSS exam centers (this may vary).
- The provinces of Sindh Quetta and Khuzdar Gilgit
- The cities of Peshawar, Abbottabad, and D.I. Khan
- Lahore, Multan, Sialkot, Gujranwala, Bahawalpur, Sargodha, and Rawalpindi are some of the other major cities in Pakistan.
In addition to Karachi and Hyderabad, there are also Sukkur and Larkana on this list.
3. Registration Fee Payment Methods for the CSS Exam
As soon as registrations become available, you can print the challan form unique to the current year by downloading it here.
Fill out the application form and pay the fee of 2,200 PKR at any National Bank of Pakistan branch under the account number C02101 – Organs of State Exam Fee (FPSC Receipt).
Make sure to get two receipts from the bank teller once you’ve paid the fee: one for your personal records, and one for the original Treasury receipt.
Make careful to keep track of the date and branch code of the NBP branch where you deposited the funds.
For the CSS Exam, Gathering All of the Required Documents
You must present a long number of documents in your application. We’ve summarized it in the table below, along with additional optional documents that may be relevant to your individual situation.
4. CSS Registration Documents Needed by the FPSC
- A hard copy of your application form that has been signed (See online registration section below)
- Receipt for PKR 2,200 from the FPSC exam fee.
- a copy of your certificate of domicile
- 1 copy of your CNIC that has been attested
- four passport-size images (with your name and your father’s name on the back) that have been attested
- a copy of your Matric and Intermediate certificates that has been attested (if applicable)
- One attested copy of your O and A Levels certificate, or any other recognized board’s equivalence certificates, provided by The Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education. (If appropriate)
- a copy of your bachelor’s, master’s, or another degree that has been attested (s). (If appropriate)
- 1 attested copy of your certificate of domicile
- A copy of any document demonstrating your residency or membership in any area/demographic category that qualifies you for the age relaxation provision. (If appropriate)
5. Apply for the FPSC CSS on the internet today!
- To register for the CSS tests, you must apply online through the FPSC’s portal before registrations close. You will need all of your supporting documentation except the form itself. Use this guide to learn more about the portal’s features.
- Registering and creating your profile is necessary before you can apply for the CSS exam on the platform. Optional fields on the application form must be filled out accurately at this time. Your application will be denied if you make the wrong choice.
- Your online application form is ready to be printed out at this point.
6. Mailing Your Application
- The time has come for you to mail all of your paperwork (make sure to include the hard copy of the CSS online application form).
- A pencil will suffice for the numbering of your supporting documents and the CSS application form.
- Your package should be sent to the following address, in one envelope, with no further paperwork: F-5/1 Agha Khan Road in Islamabad is home to the Secretary of the Federal Public Service Commission.
- Your application will be denied outright if you fail to submit or deliver the hard copy on time.
Pakistan’s most esteemed examination is the CSS exam. You’ll need to study for this challenging exam in advance. If you don’t plan ahead, you risk losing an opportunity you won’t get again. Additionally, you should be familiar with the examination’s rules and regulations, which will aid you in your path.
Frequently Ask Questions
Q1: Is it possible to sit for the CSS exam after completing a 16-year IT career?
- No, diplomas aren’t considered bachelor’s degrees, thus you can’t. Please see the “Degree Requirements” section above for further information. The age relaxation clause for the CSS exam can be requested in two ways.
It is only necessary to submit supporting papers in your CSS application if you meet any of the qualifying requirements for the CSS age relaxation clause (see above in the “Age Limits” section).
Q2: After submitting the CSS online application form, can you change your exam location?
- Not at all. After submitting the form, the FPSC usually does not allow modifications. However, you can contact the FPSC via their hotline or telephone lines mentioned above if you have a legitimate basis for requesting the modification.
Q4. If you forget your password or roll number, how do you re-enroll for your second or third CSS exam attempt?
- If you’ve misplaced your login information, don’t be concerned. Entering your CNIC# and email address is all it takes to get them back. It’ll then generate a new password for you after verifying your email address.