The third surah of the Holy Quran is Surah Al-Imran. Which contains 200 verses revealed to Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) at Madina. The group from Najran that arrived in Al-Madinah in the ninth year of Hijrah (632 CE) is mentioned in the first 83 Ayat.
The Theme Of Surah Al-Imran
The first main theme of this Surah is Guidance. It welcomes everyone to join the faith and informs them of the prizes and punishments that they will receive.
The Oneness of Allah is the second major subject of this Surah. It claims that Allah is the only creator, and thus the only one worthy of worship.
The third topic is firmness in the truth. In the beginning, there is a Dua that says:
“Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower.” (3:8)
Benefits Of Surah Al-Imran
There is no doubt that each verse of the Quran, as well as each surah, has its own set of benefits, advantages, and blessings because they are ALLAH’s words. Here we have mentioned a few benefits that the recitation of surah Al-Imran offers.
Receiving Allah’s Mercy
The one who recites this Surah on Friday will receive Allah’s mercy till sunset, and the angels will plead for his pardon as well.
Increase In Sustenance
Someone who is having difficulty making a living should write it down on a piece of paper, wrap it in a cloth, and wear it. Then he will never have to struggle to make ends meet.
Ease In Child Birth
Give this Surah written on paper and wrapped in a cloth to a woman who is about to give birth to a child. It will help her conceive and give birth to a kid. While it also does wonders as a fertility treatment for women who are not getting a baby.
Protection From Shaitan
If you want Allah’s protection from shaitan recite ayat no of 26 & 27 of Surah Al-Imran and you will be protected from the evils of shaitan.
Relief From Headache & Backache
If you are suffering from a headache or migraine recite the ayat no 8 & 9 and you will get relief from the migraine. While for backache relief recipe 11 times ayat no 145.
Getting Rid of Difficulties
ALLAH will fix every difficulty if you repeat verse 154 of Surah Al-Imran forty times after dawn (Fajr prayer) every morning. Your business will continue to run conveniently and you will not face any unfortunate situations.
Getting Favourable Results
If you’re asking someone for help and you’re frightened he’ll say no, this is the phrase to use. Make a new ablution and offer two (2) rak’ah supererogatory (nifl) prayers before approaching such a person. Then recite Surah Al-Imran’s verse no 154, three times while blowing over both hands and wiping them over your face. You can then contact the appropriate person, who would undoubtedly favor you fully.
Ease Of Marriage
In case you cannot find a suitable partner for marriage. Recite Darood Sharif 11 times then recite the first 3 ayats of this surah 319 times. Make sure to recite them together and not separately. Then recite Darood Sharif again 11 times. Make sure to do this for 21 consecutive days. And pray to Allah to turn everything in your favor and He will make it easy for you.
Hadith Benefits Of Surah Al-Imran
- Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) said to Muadh (RadiAllahu anhu),
‘Should I not teach you a supplication which, when used to implore Allah, Allah shall pay your debt, even it be as huge as Mount Uhud? He then mentioned them (i.e. Surah al Imran verses 26 & 27)’ [Tabarani in Al Saghir 1/330]
- Abdullah ibn Masud (radiAllahu anhu) said,
‘What an excellent treasure Surah al Imran is to the pauper when he recites it in prayer during the last part of the night’
- Abu Umamah (radiAllahu anhu) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (Peace Be Upon Him) said
‘Read the two radiant ones al-Baqarah and Al ‘Imran for they will come on the Day of Resurrection like two clouds, or two shades, or two flocks of birds, pleading for their companions’[Muslim]
- Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) said,
‘Allah’s most Magnificent name, which when used to implore Him, He responds, is found in three Surahs. Al Baqara, Al’ Imran, and Taha’ [Hakim & Ibn Majah 3856]
Lessons Of Surah Al-Imran
- When the Muslims ignored the teachings of the Holy Prophet(P.B.U.H), they discovered that they were at a severe disadvantage. This taught them to be more cautious and to follow the Holy Prophet’s commands.
- Allah created places in the heavens that cannot be reached just through good acts. The believer must go through hardships and challenges to achieve it.
- It made no difference whether the Muslims won or lost. The conclusion was always in their favor.
- If they kept winning, even nonbelievers would join them, and they wouldn’t be able to differentiate themselves.
- There is always a reason for Allah’s enemies to be destroyed. The most important reason is to reject Allah as the all-powerful creator.
- This conflict separated the sincere believers from the hypocrites.
- Allah puts his servants to the test in both good and bad times.
- When a person is faced with the loss of a loved one, he becomes more humble and submissive to his Lord.
- If the Muslims continued to be triumphant, they might have grown arrogant.
- In the eyes of Allah, martyrdom is the highest honor.
- Those who believe in Him are forgiven and shown mercy, while those who reject Him are punished more severely.
Surah Al-Imran is a Madani surah that should be recited on Friday, as mentioned above. It is also believed that whoever recites this Surah along with Surah Al-Baqarah, on the Day of Judgment will be granted the protection of the clouds from the burning sun.
Read more about the Benefits of Surah Muzammil.